Standing over a kitchen stove night after night can be exhausting, especially if you work full-time or have small children needing attention.
This delicious one-pot recipe might just give you the break you need! Just toss the ingredients into the slow-cooker in the morning to have a fully cooked meal ready to eat when you get home.
• 1/4 cup of olive oil
• 1/3 cup of lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon of oregano (dried or fresh)
• 1 teaspoon of onion powder
• 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
• 1 teaspoon of salt
• Fresh black pepper
• 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast
• 1 pound of red-skin potatoes
• 5 to 8 baby carrots
1. Mix the first seven ingredients in a measuring cup or small bowl.
2. Place the chicken in the middle of the slow cooker and arrange potatoes and carrots around the meat.
3. Pour the marinade over the meat and vegetables, making sure everything is covered well.
4. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
To ensure even cooking, don’t remove the lid during the cooking process. Substitute any vegetable for the potatoes and carrots if you wish.