Anyone who likes chicken and rice will definitely love this dish. This dish can be easily prepared for a quick week night dinner. The best part about this recipe is that it is easy and takes little time to prepare. Only a few key ingredients are needed to complete this recipe. The ingredients you will need include:
- 2 chicken breasts – boneless and skinless
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 1 packet of french onion soup mix
- 1 can of cream of celery soup
- 1 cup of white rice – uncooked
- salt and pepper to taste
The instructions are as follows:
1. Preheat your oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Evenly spread one cup of uncooked white rice into a standard casserole dish.
3. Next, place the uncooked chicken breasts on top of the uncooked rice.
4. Mix 1 can of cream of celery soup with 1 packet of french onion soup mix. Add a few tablespoons of water to the mix. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Pour the mixture over the uncooked rice and chicken.
6. Place 2 chopped onions on top of the mixture.
7. Cook dish for about 2 hours.
After about 2 hours, these ingredients will result in a dish that is creamy and full of flavor!